CBD Coffee to Perk Up Your Holidays
The holidays are coming up, and let’s face it, they can get stressful with all the gift buying, family visiting, and cold weather. The great news is that we’ve got two ways to help – info on CBD, and a recipe for a great holiday gingerbread latte!
• 83% of Americans drink coffee regularly.
While it sounds like a canceling-out effect of energy-inducing coffee and relaxing CBD oil, we can assure you that it is not the case.
• Creating CBD coffee requires no expensive additions or lengthy processes – simply mix in some CBD tincture to your coffee! No extra silverware washing, even!
Does Coffee Have Benefits?
Believe it or not, coffee is a comparatively healthy choice to other options out there on the market, depending on the time of day. Coffee lacks many of the artificial flavors and additives in sports and energy drinks, and much less sugar than most breakfast juices.
• Antioxidants: Although our diets provide plenty of antioxidants, coffee provides them as well – a pretty large number, higher than what you would get through usual fruits and veggies during the day.
• Good for your liver: People who have one cup of coffee per day, at least, are 20% less likely to get liver cirrhosis.
• Improves brain function: The caffeine boost will help with your attention span, cognitive reasoning and ability to focus while helping to drive away the morning or afternoon fog!
• Reliving anxiety: Coffee has long been used as a part of aromatherapy routines – on top of this, it can also be used to help relieve headaches.
What are the Benefits of CBD Oil?
Yes, CBD oil is completely legal – it comes from industrial hemp and is then processed to remove any traces of THC – so there is no way to fail a drug test. However, make sure to read the labels of your products, as some states allow a trace amount of THC.
• Pain relief: CBD oil’s has natural anti-inflammatory properties, getting rid of stiffness, joint pain, and aches with daily use.
• Anxiety, stress, and PTSD: mental problems surrounding anxiety and stress can be affected by CBD, due to its stress hormone blocking properties, keeping the chemical reactions that produce stress from occurring.
• Sleep: Taking CBD oil helps to maintain a regular sleep pattern, meaning that your body will rest better over time, being on a schedule, entering REM sleep faster and staying there.
• Headaches: including migraines, cluster, and stress-induced. This is attributed to CBD’s muscle-relaxant effects.
CBD and Coffee?
• Both CBD and coffee are known to boost bodily serotonin levels – meaning that you’ll receive a mood boost from a cup of CBD coffee!
• Coffee and CBD both have antioxidant properties – they keep toxins out of the body, protect your DNA from damage, protect cells from damage, and aid with cell regeneration – meaning that yes, antioxidants battle aging!
• CBD protects brain neurons from degeneration – keeping away conditions like dementia and Alzheimer’s – yes, it could be said that CBD keeps you smart.
Gingerbread CBD Latte
If you love both the holidays and natural health boosts, you’ll love this recipe!
• 1/2 cup molasses
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon ground ginger
• 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 6 cups hot brewed coffee
• 1 cup half-and-half cream
• 1 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1 1/2 cups sweetened whipped cream
• Your typical dosage of CBD tincture
1. In a small bowl, mix together the:
• brown sugar
• baking soda
2. Cover and refrigerate for the spices for at least 10 minutes.
3. Add about a 1/4 cup of coffee to each cup, then stir in about a tablespoon (or to taste) of the spice mixture until dissolved. Add cream and sugar as desired. Add your tincture dose.