Chili peppers can help with:
• Eye health
• Fighting off infections
• Keeping skin and hair healthy
• Decreasing blood pressure
• Boosting the body’s available b-vitamins
• Assist in the forming of red blood cells
• Improve cognitive functioning
So knowing this, maybe one of the best things that you can do for yourself this winter is to cook up a batch of chili! Luckily, we’ve got a great recipe for chili that you won’t forget, and along with the health benefits of chili peppers, we’re going to add in the benefits of CBD as well!
Cannabinoids typically can evaporate very quickly from fats when under high temperatures, so it is important that we add our CBD dose at the right moment – in this recipe we allow the diced tomatoes to soak in the CBD before being cooked, meaning that the CBD is insulated from the high temperatures of cooking.
Cooking with CBD Tip:
Generally, when working with a recipe (not a drink) it is best to add CBD to the vegetables as a drizzle or marinade, allowing the vegetables to soak in the CBD. As we’ve talked about above, this will insulate the CBD from the high temperatures associated with cooking.
• 1 (10.5 ounce) bag of corn chips
• 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Marinate your tomatoes by drizzling them with your CBD dosage and leave them sitting while you prep the remainder of the recipe.
• 2 pounds ground beef chuck
• 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
Drain off any excess grease, then add into a large stock pot over medium heat
3. Add in these ingredients, then stir to blend:
• 3 (15 ounce) cans chili beans, drained
• 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans in spicy sauce
• 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with juice
• 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
• 1 large yellow onion, chopped
• 3 stalks celery, chopped
• 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
• 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
• 2 green chile peppers, seeded and chopped
• 1 tablespoon bacon bits
• 4 cubes beef bouillon
• 1/2 cup beer
• 1/4 cup chili powder
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 1 tablespoon dried oregano
• 2 teaspoons ground cumin
• 2 teaspoons hot sauce
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1 teaspoon paprika
• 1 teaspoon white sugar
• A dose of CBD for each person who will be having the chili
Cover and simmer for 2 hours, longer, if desired.
When serving, top with corn chips and shredded Cheddar cheese.